Sunday, November 14, 2010

Levis 501 STF Update

Told you I would update eventually. To start off, I thought it would be good to revisit one my original product reviews, the Levis 501 Shrink to Fit.

This pair has been worn off and on, mostly as beater jeans, and been washed in cold water and received a hot dry. The first thing you might notice is that the denim has lost that raw sheen. It has also shrunk slightly and developed some slight fades. There are a couple whiskers in the lap area and a more drastic fade in the wallet area.

To be honest, I think the jeans are a great bargain at $35, but I find the fit unflattering, especially in the thighs and seat. The color also leaves a bit to be desired. I would darker navy tone rather than the bright blue this pair will eventually develop.

All in all, the 501 STF were a fun experiment, but I’m looking forward to some new raws this Christmas.




No comments:

Post a Comment