Monday, February 1, 2010

Sebago Loafer S/S 2010

Last week, I posted the new Spring/Summer Allen Edmond stock, which featured a very sleek version of the penny loafer. Today, I present just the opposite. Sebago has created a much more rugged, and in a way, much more appealing version of the loafer.



Many times, I have found myself trying on Bass Weejuns, but each time, I leave the store empty handed. For whatever reason, I can't bring myself to purchase the classic shoe. I understand it's a classic and the style is a standard in any shoe wardrobe, but it just feels off. Either they don't fit quite right, or perhaps they are just too shiny and new looking. This would be fine if I needed to wear more refined clothes during my work day, but this is not the case.

Now, Sebago's new offering is something I can get behind. This is a shoe that can be worn both to the office, and kicking around on the weekend. And for a retail price of $130, they beat the JCrew competition, hands down.

No comments:

Post a Comment