Monday, January 25, 2010

Thrifting Finds: 1/25/10

This past Friday, I was invited to attend a board meeting for my job and it went over very well (WAYWT pic forthcoming). For this reason, I decided to treat myself to an afternoon of thrifting. Luckily, there were quite a few good finds. Unfortunately, the kindly gentleman who donated several tweed jackets was a size or two smaller than myself. I was forced to overlook a very nice Harris Tweed jacket made by Orvis, and another tweed that must have been a vintage 1960's 3-roll-2 button jacket. Ugh, they were fantastic. However, I did happen to find a very nice Navy Pin-Stripe Hickey Freeman suit for $30. There are some alterations which need to be made; the sleeves need to be lengthened and apparently the pants were previously altered in an odd way. It seems that they were taken in, but the zipper was either damaged or replaced strangely. Hopefully I can find a skilled tailor who can offer an inexpensive fix.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Not a terrible end to a nice Friday thrifting venture.

No comments:

Post a Comment