Monday, March 8, 2010

Spring Aspirations: Cool, windy days...

Just something I would imagine putting together with unlimited funds.


RayBan Wayfarers in Tortoise
I'm sure the wayfarer is nearly ubiquitous by now, but I still feel you can't get more classic than a pair of these in tortoise. I was lucky enough to receive a pair of these as a graduation present last year. Check out some of the updated pairs that are slightly slimmer and more sleek.


Baracuta G9 Slim-fit Harrington
For the intent of this post, I would choose either the honey brown in the middle, or the navy to the right. Barracuda makes a fine jacket, the likes of which can be found on James Dean, Steve McQueen, or countless mods and skinheads circa mid-60s London. A pricey item listed ~$250, I was lucky enough to find a Lacoste rip-off at my local thrift store for $10!


Rugby OCBD
Rugby is yet another off-shoot company by Ralph Lauren. They feature updated preppy wear with slimmer cuts and edgy details.


Tanner Standard Belt in Natural
I hear the quality of these belts are second to none. In a natural finish, the leather is expected to gain a nice patina and turn to rich brown color with time.


Tellason Strummer
Tellason is a great new denim company that uses Cone Mills Selvage Denim made in North Carolina, the leather patch is made by Tanner Goods in Portland, and is assembled in San Francisco, CA. You can't get more American than that! Well, you probably can, but I digress. It has a slim, tapered cut with a low-rise. You can currently find these featured on the blog, The Denim Debate, being worn by Lawrence from Sartorially Inclined.


Clarks Desert Boot
Still debating whether I like the beeswax or a honey/brown suede better. Beeswax would age nicely, but it is certainly more casual. Suede would work better as a smart shoe for work and going out.

Just something good for the weekends, or hanging out with friends on a windy day in Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment